Ardent Learning is looking for an Instructional Designer to join our growing team. Under the guidance of the Director of Instructional Design, this individual will work with Project Managers and/or Subject Matter Experts to create online learning modules and live web-based training sessions, instructor-led training guides, and supporting materials following Ardent's instructional design process. The Instructional Designer will use strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video, and audio - communicating and educating our clients' employees, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Develops proposals for instructional and/or performance intervention strategies.
- Recommends appropriate learning strategies.
- Develops course outlines and design documents; creates scripts and storyboards for various delivery methods.
- Designs and develops courses that support learning needs.
- Presents course design and materials to internal and client team members and incorporates feedback.
- Validates, delivers, and evaluates the final training program and/or job performance product.
- Conducts audience analysis and task analysis.
- Ensures that the courses meet the learning objectives and makes necessary adjustments.
- Designs and develops performance measures.
- Researches developments in the learning and performance industry including presentation aids, equipment, presentation techniques, adult learning methodology, and related topics.
- Identifies and plans appropriate instructional design strategies and objectives based on analysis of tasks, learners, and subject matter.
- Proven working experience in instructional design.
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills.
- Solid knowledge of course development software (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Captivate) and at least one Learning Management System.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
- Automotive industry experience a plus.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Innovative Thinking - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals, internally and client-facing.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- BS in instructional design, educational technology or similar and at least 5 - 7 years of experience
- MA strongly preferred
To be considered for a role with Ardent Learning, click the button below to submit your resume. Thank you for considering a career with Ardent.